Tuesday, September 27, 2005

it’s time

Looking at my depressing bank account balance, I realised I’ve got to do something with it. Imagine working for 9 months, with a balance of 300bux in savings, and an outstanding credit card bill of 1k!! What does this show? BIG SPENDER !!

I was flipping through the papers (for the 2nd time that I can remember), and coincidently came across this lil diagram on
Operation Save Money: Seven steps to success, which caught my attention. (All the way down if you follow this link)

The tips given in that diagram do make sense! 7 very useful and feasible way of saving! Being in the 20-s doesn’t stop us from saving. Even though we’re only earning such a pathetic wage. But what we can do is to TRY to minimise our expenditure. List out all expenses, identify our greatest extravagant, and cut down on them.

In simple terms, imagine us saving on average 20bux a day; it’ll be 600bux a month, 7200 a year, 72000 in 10 years (reminder, this applies only if we continue to save 20bux a day). Remember, this excludes interests gain!! 积少成多 =)

Say we stop pampering ourselves too much with posh restaurants or places to ‘yam char’ that often; share DVDs among a few friends rather than getting 10 movie tickets; eating home / mamak; stop modifying cars and audio systems; cut down on shoes, shirts, dresses, etc.; spend less on cover charges, ciggies and alcohol!! I’m sure saving 20bux a day (maybe 10 for a start) is reasonable. Well, 20 a day is better than totally spending EVERYTHING! -.-

So, start now my friends, if you hadn’t done so! =)

No comments: